In 1925 a group of amateur radio operators in Milan led by Ing. Eugenio Gnesutta (Italian radio pioneer, who already founded in 1923 the Group Radiotecnico Milanese), pending the entry into service of the URI (Unione Radiofonica Italiana, the public service radio) had begun (perhaps as a provocation to push the public service radio to open a station in Milan) on May 5 1925, more or less regular evening broadcasts from a private radio station called “Place Zero” (Posto Zero, in italian) located in Via Santo Spirito (where the event is commemorated by a plaque which is reproduced in the above picture). Behind this acronym also they kept the anonymity, to avoid trouble with the law.
Their action will lead to the birth of the first URI public radio station in Milan at the end of 1925
RADIO POSTO ZERO, ”THE STUDIO”
RADIO POSTO ZERO, ON THE ROOF